PSResourceAssignmentService problem on saveorupdate (fix).

Apr 17, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Edited Apr 17, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Hi,
in method saveorupdate of PSResourceAssignmentService class i use :
ProjectDataSet dsAssignmentOnlyModified = (ProjectDataSet)dsAssignments.GetChanges(DataRowState.Modified);
_svcProject.QueueUpdateProject(lastJobUid, sessionUid, dsAssignmentOnlyModified, false);
or this for addee assigments
ProjectDataSet dsAssignmentOnlyAdded = (ProjectDataSet)dsAssignment.GetChanges(DataRowState.Added);
_svcProject.QueueAddToProject(lastJobUid, sessionUid, dsAssignmentOnlyAdded, false);

without this changes implementation don't work.

tell me if it's a good thing or no.

thank's

Coordinator
Apr 17, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Hi,

so you say you customize this method. Can you tell what exactly doesn't work for you in it's OOB implementation?

Regards,

Andrew

Apr 17, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Hi,

the issue is that:

http://siteassets.wordpress.com/2011/10/20/project-server-2010-psi-error-unhandled-communication-fault/

If i send the dataset without filter only row added o row modified i receve this error: unhandled-communication-fault

This problem started suddenly and i resolve only implementing that code.

Thank's.

Coordinator
Apr 17, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Could it be that you were trying to create/update a big set of data in one service call? there is a limitation in PSI - it restricts the size of dataset which can be sent.

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Hi,

15 Task and 15 resource to assigned!!!in one project.

The code worked for 4 months with the same data,suddenly it stopped,and i can't say to Fastweb that must restricts data to import :-).

Thank's.

Coordinator
Apr 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Ok, we'll consider adding your patch to the next FluentPS release, which will contain support for assignment custom fields.

Regards,

Andrew