PSStatusingService: Difference between ApproveStatusForAssignments and PwaApproveStatusForAssignments

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Hi!

Background is that I have some problems accepting approvals from custom code.
I'm currently using the same logic as in ApproveStatusForAssignments, but in many cases is cannot fint the assignment. I many cases I either just used CreateNewAssignment or UpdateStatus to set Actual Work.

I then found the method PwaApproveStatusForAssignment (StatusingUpdateApprovalCenterItems) and I'm wondering if that might solve the issue, but I wanted to know what this function really does before I try to implement it in our solution?

Thank you! :)
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Hi!

As it goes from the method's name, it uses PSI method from PWA service. :)

The difference is that the PwaApproveStatusForAssignment method can be used from the impersonation context, and the first one does not.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Andrew
Feb 27, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Thank you for the quick reply!

BTW - I found out that the issue I'm experienceing only applies to projects imported from earlier version of PS (2002).
I am actually using imperonation today using the PSI method (ApproveStatusForAssignments code) and it works fine.

I also notice that the PwaApproveStatusForAssignment method is using a PWA client that I havent used before... Interesting... ;)

Thank you!

Best regards,
Hans Christian Ihlen
Coordinator
Mar 1, 2013 at 3:28 PM
You are welcome.

FYI, all the PWA service methods are indended for internal Project Server use, as the documentation states. So using all those methods is at your own risk. Anyway, it can be no other way to achieve your goal but only internal methods.

Regards,
Andrew